If you are looking for current reviews on plasma cutters, check out plasmacutter.reviews on the web.
What is a plasma cutter?
A plasma cutter is a tool used to cut various electrically conductive materials such as aluminum, copper, brass, steel, and many others. It creates an electrical channel at a high temperature of ionized gas known as plasma.
Plasma cutters come in all sizes from small handheld ones to large automated CNC machines. All plasma cutters function the same way, and the basic design stays the same.
Here is a list of the significant plasma cutter components:
- Air Compressor
- Handheld torch with cable
- Power source with a cable
- Work clamp with cable
- Consumable tips and electrodes
How do you choose a plasma cutter?
First, start with reading all the plasma cutter reviews you can find. Educating yourself on the right machine for you will make the final purchasing decision much more straightforward.
Ask yourself these questions:
- You will be using your plasma cutter for what applications?
- Are you cutting on a table or by hand? Some machines can do both.
- How thick will your material be?
- What is the thickest material you will cut?
- How reliable does your machine need to be? You will want a reliable tool and one that will produce the best kerf (cut width), so less material is wasted.
- What are the cutting speeds and quality ratings of the plasma machine you are thinking of purchasing?
- Do you plan on moving your plasma cutter around frequently? The size and weight of the plasma cutter will matter if you plan on moving it around. Advances in engineering mean you don’t have to compromise quality if you desire a lighter machine.
- You should ask yourself how much it is going to cost to operate. The consumables for your plasma cutter should be taken into consideration before you purchase your machine. This is where plasma cutter reviews can help you.
What are plasma cutters used for?
Certain hobbies utilize plasma cutters to cut out different shapes and designs. Artists frequently use plasma cutters to create signs, pictures, and wall hangings. The plasma cutter has created an entirely new art form. Artists can even turn shovels into works of art using a plasma cutter. With lots of practice and the right machine, there are several tasks where a plasma cutter is perfect. Construction sites, salvage yards, and auto shops use plasma cutters to rough cut sheets of metal. The finer the cut, the less sanding and grinding work needs to be done to finish the item.
After you read plasma cutter reviews, you should be able to determine what type of machine you are interested in. Remember to consider the thickest material you might work with, but also the most common. You will also want to make sure you get the best machine your budget allows. Check the consumable tips and electrodes. It might be better to spend more money on the device and less money on the consumables. Ultimately the plasma cutter you choose should suit you.
Check out plasma cutter reviews to help.
View Larger Map