Artworks that are performed with a plasma cutter and grinder can unleash artist to create a metal art that is unique. The best way of doing the artistic cutting of plasma is by the use of a CNS plasma cutting table and an art file that is computerized. In giving the artwork a dimensional, sign, you need to pull the logo out from the background. The artwork with plasma cutters need to look broadly and have a heavy duty feeling. The background should be created by welding a 148cm wide and 12cm tall steel that has 3/4 inches square for the frame tubing. After that you need to attach the logo by the use of tubing and bolts that are threated.
The plasma art software will make your work easy in designing it.It takes many years in learning the design of the plasma cutters and drawing the art from scratch. Bobcard plasma is one of the plasma software and it is the art package. The software has a CD package that have different designs. This is a software that is easy to find what can suit you to make the customers smile. Plasma art for making deck railing inserts steel art for your entrance drive way can be made from the artwork with the plasma cutters.
The tools that are required in the creation of the artwork with the plasma cutters include:
The plasma cutting torch
Grinder that has a flap disk.
An orbital sander that has 100 or 50 of the grit paper.
Ferric nitrate or a vinegar mixture
The process of plasma cutting of the artwork
- To start the process, you need to gather your metals
Scrap pieces of different sizes i.e. the 4 feet by 12 inch with a 12 gauge. This is good for the background formation. The other metal is the one with 3 feet 6 inch by 10 inches.
- Draw a fish on the sheet that can be about 10 inches wide and then cut the fish and place it on a small metal sheet. Trace around the fish and rotate slightly to trace around it twice.
- Use a plasma torch for cutting out each fish. This is a step that requires time and it should be done slowly
- Grind the slag of each fish and then clean its edges. In this step, you need protection for your ears and eyes. You also require ventilation that is adequate for welding the plasma cutter. Wearing a mask can help you in forming a blockage to the fumes and it is a good idea.
- After grinding the fish down, clean the patina the way which you may like. You can use the ferric nitrate to get the orange, brown or maroon on the fish and on the background.
- Heat the metal with a weed torch. The weed torch needs to be connected to a tank of propane for quickening the work.
- Once the process of the patina is done, polish the sheet that you cut the fish from. In cleaning up the metal, use cleaners from a welding store or use muriatic acid
- This is the last step where you build a bracket. Weld a long piece of steel that is ¾ inches towards the bottom and top